I love to pick what I can find in my garden or when I’m walking. I have some garlic-mustard at home in the garden, and I like to make pesto out of it. I use the leaves for this, but you can use all of it if you wan’t.. It is really wonderful when you can take advantage of the good weeds at home! It is also a nice gift to give away a jar of homemade pesto. I usually do a lot of it at a time, but you can of course make half or 1/4 of the recipe.
INGREDIENTS, enough for 6-8 people or two jars.
8 dl Garlic Mustard
2.5 dl almonds
2.5-3 dl of olive oil
3 dl grated Parmigiano Reggiano
salt and pepper
- Add the almonds to the food processor, mix and pour into a bowl.
- Them mix the garlic-mustard in the food processor, when done add the almonds and mix everything together.
- Pour in 2 dl olive oil, mix.
- Add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Taste it, then pour in some more olive oil until desired texture.
- Serve directly with pasta, bread or store in a closed glass jar in the refrigerator.
By Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos please e-mail me first at email@example.com