Is there anyone who doesn’t love cupcakes? The good thing about them is that they last for a few days, if you by any chance have some left that is .. You can choose any color you like. This is a classic recipe, there are a lot of other ways to bake cupcakes. But this is a no fail recipe!
What you need for about 8-10 pieces
100 grams of butter
2 dl sugar
2.5 dl wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
This is how you bake them
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and prepare the muffin molds on a plate or in a muffin pan.
- Whisk together butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and whisk well.
- Add the vanilla sugar, flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Last of all, add the milk, and mix really well! If you want colored cookies then pour in the color with the milk, mix in a little at a time until you reach the wanted colour.
- Fill the cupcake molds to two-thirds, bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Try them out with a testing stick that they are ready-baked!
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool down before decorating!
TIME FOR FROSTING
- 250 grams of icing sugar
- 80 grams of room-temperatured butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- about 0.3-0.4 dl milk
- Mix the butter, icing sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl. Keep in mind that the butter must be soft otherwise you will get vanilla sugar everywhere. Whisk properly!
- Add the milk, a little at a time.
- Beat at high speed for about 5 minutes to get a nice and fluffy frosting. The longer you do it the better.
- If you want different colors of frosting then divide it into different bowls. Or, if you just want to use one color, you can add color at the same time as the milk.
- So either you decorate the muffins immediately or you store the muffins in an airtight container until you want to use them and the frosting in the fridge.
By Malin Nordblom
Email email@example.com if you want to use pictures or recipes!