This is how I make my meatballs normally, and I always serve them with some brown sauce, potatoes and lingonberry jam. This is also the recipe that my grandmother used. She always used to roll them really small, I am often rolling them more medium-sized, but they are way tastier when they are small.
INGREDIENTS 4 persons:
400 gram minced meat (1,7 cups)
1 dl dried bred crumbs
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 dl full cream (0,4 cups)
1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dl water (0,4 cups)
1/2 finely chopped yellow onion, that you have browned
A 1/4 teaspoon sugar
And some butter to fry them in.
- Mix the dried breadcrumbs with the cream and the water, and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Fry the onion, but don’t let them get brown.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Shape into balls, preferably pretty small. They are always more tasty when they are smaller:) according to my Grandmother!
- Fry them at medium heat in butter.
- Serve with potatoes, brown sauce and lingonberry jam!
By Malin Nordblom
Pictures ©Malin Nordblom