When I cook rice, I always cook too much rice, so that we can have Fried Rice the next day. Because even if you can use freshly cooked rice, refrigerator-cold rice is way better to cook Fried Rice with. This recipe is made with inspiration from Din Tai Fung. Since my children have lived half their lives in China, they often lack food from there, this is a dish my son always ordered when we were at Din Tai Fung.
Here you can read about DTF:
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE FRIED RICE
- refrigerator cold rice for 4 people. In China, I always use short-grain rice, but in Sweden it is often just plain rice. The most important thing is that it is cold !!
- 6 eggs
- 4-6 spring onions, the thinner the better!
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable broth (powder, not water but only the powder!)
- about 350 grams of finely cut smoked pork (you might as well make fried rice without!)
- pepper, salt
- 1 carrot (if you like)
HOW TO MAKE FRIED RICE
- Slice the carrots and the pork, fry them for a minute in oil without browning them! Put aside.
- Slice the spring onions.
- Pour some oil into a wok, or large fryingpan.
- Pour in the eggs, you should not have mixed them! It’s nice with the different colors of the eggs! Stir until they are almost ready.
- Mix in the rice, fry and stir for a minute on medium heatt.
- Add the carrots and ham.
- Mix in the vegetable broth, spring onion and soy, stir.
- Add pepper and salt and possibly some more soy sauce.
By Malin Nordblom
If you do not want to use the photos please e-mail me first at email@example.com