So how can you use lilac sugar?
It is actually great for a lot of different things like in cookies, in a sponge cake, in your Tea, with ice cream, to mix a drink with are some of the things you can you can use Lilac with. I will post some different recipes containing Lilac sugar in the next few days. So if you have lilacs, make some lilac sugar;)
It is easy to make Lilac sugar, and you can do it in two different ways.
Pick the lilacs, I like the purple because it becomes more beautiful and they are more flavourful.
- Pick a few branches of lilacs.
- When you pick the lilacs, remove the flower and make sure all the little animals and debris are gone. Rinse them if you like.
- Put on a clean towel or paper towel and let them dry completely.
- After a few days they when they are dry then you mix them with sugar in a jar with a lid. Shake the jar when everything is inside.
- After a few days you can remove the lilacs if you like.;I keep mine in there, I like the look of them.
Lilac sugar with freshly picked flowers
- Pick some twigs of lilacs.
- Remove the flowers, if you want to rinse them, leave them for a few hours at a dry cloth before mixing with the sugar.
- Mix with the sugar in a jar, put on the lid and shake the jar.
- Unscrew the lid, leave for a few days but shake them every day. (Always with the lid on, But don’t forget to remove it afterwards.
- After a few days you can remove the lilacs if you like, I keep mine in there..
- Store in a jar with a lid.
- By Malin Nordblom