The perfect recipe for left over cakes, just keep the leftovers in the freezer. And when you have 7-8 dl make some hoovers! Way more fun than hoovering the house! With this I enter the The Great Blogger’s Bake-Off 2020!
They look like an old hoover therefore the name. But they are also called film rolls, punsch rolls and some other names. You find them at most cafes all over Sweden.
- 7-8 dl crumbs (3-3,5 cups)
- 200 gram soft butter (2 sticks or 7/8 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 4 tablespoons cacao
- 2 tablespoons arrak aroma or punsch
- 2 dl icing sugar (0,8 cup)
- 150 gram chocolate to melt and dip the ends in
- Mix the crumbs in a mixer, then pour them into a bowl when you mix the other ingredients.
- Mix the butter, icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla sugar until it is porous.
- Pour in the cookie crumb mixture and the punch (or aroma flavor) mix!
- Then leave in the fridge for one hour.
- Prepare the marzipan, or buy some ready-made sheets. Color it if you like and roll it out into a large sheet. It should be about 3 mm thick.
- Roll the ”dough” into 3-4 balls, and roll them into sausages. Roll the marzipan around them and cut into pieces of any size. It’s fine with little ones if you have a cake buffet.
- Look how to roll here, https://fabfoodieswede.com/2020/05/27/dammsugare/
- Melt the chocolate.
- Dip the ends in the melted chocolate.
- Store in the fridge!
How to melt chocolate;
Place the chocolate pieces in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan with a little bit of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. It takes 2-3 minutes.
You can also place pieces of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals. Stir between each, until melted!
By Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: