A classic Swedish recipe for cookies, which for some reason is called Finnish Sticks.
Finnish sticks ingredients, about 15-20 pieces
200 grams of room-tempered butter
1/2 dl of caster sugar
4.5 dl wheat flour
4 bitter almonds finely grated
2 tablespoons sweet almond shavings
3 tbsp pearl sugar
1 egg white
Do like this
- Mix butter,sugar, and wheat flour by hand or in a food processor.
- Mix in the grated bitter almonds.
- Place the dough in a jar in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200 C degrees.
- Roll out the dough into small ”sticks” of about 5 cm and place on a sheet of baking paper.
- Mix pearl sugar and sweet almonds.
- Beat the egg white and brush the sticks.
- Sprinkle with pearl sugar and almond shavings.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 13-14 minutes.
- Let cool on grill.
Recipes and picture Malin Nordblom