Romanesco sauce is really good with grilled food like meat, fish, chicken, or other grilled vegetables .. But you can also have the Romanescos sauce as a dip.
Romanesco sauce ingredients
- About 200 grams of Pimento (roasted grilled red pepper in a glass jar) You can also roast them yourself. Then you split the peppers, remove the seeds. Place the peppers on a baking tray and brush with olive oil. Into the oven at 225C for about 25 minutes, until they are a bit dark. Allow to cool a bit and peel off the skin.
- 1/2 red chili
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tomato (optional)
- 100 grams of chopped sweet almond without peel
- about 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 0.5 dl water, dilute with water in the end if needed
- Mix all ingredients with a hand blender or in a blender.
- Dilute with a little water if you want a thinner sauce, pour in a little at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in a refrigerator with a lid.
You can also mix in a little grated parmesan cheese.
Recipes and pictures © Malin Nordblom