Rhubarb syrup for nice summery drinks, or dilute it with water and you get a rhubarb cordial. When you cook the rhubarb sugar syrup, you get a rhubarb compote too!
Rhubarb syrup ingredients
- 275 grams of rhubarbs
- 2.5 dl water
- 2 dl brown cane sugar (or white, or plain;)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
Rhubarb syrup, instructions
- Peel (if needed) and chop the rhubarbs into small pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Pour some water on top, cane sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Bring to boil while stirring and then let it simmer for 5 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Let it cool.
- Strain the juice into a glass bottle.
- You get a nice rhubarb compote when you have strained the syrup, you can eat it with milk, have it on top of some yoghurt, with ice cream…
Recipe and picture Malin Nordblom