I got a bag of hazelnuts with my fruit delivery and then felt like baking something good. After all, I am usually hungry for chocolate, so it became a hazelnut chocolate cake with a good chocolate and hazelnut topping. You can eat the cake without the topping, it also tastes really good!
Hazelnut and chocolate cake ingredients
- 3 dl caster sugar
- 2 dl wheat flour
- 1 dl ground roasted hazelnuts that you put into your blender until you have small crumbles. If you do not have ready-roasted hazelnuts, roast them in the oven first of all. If so, place them on parchment paper, set them in the oven at 175 C for about 10 minutes. Shake the plate after 5 minutes.
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1,5 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 150 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl milk
- Set the oven to 175 degrees.
- Grease and add bread crumbs to a springform.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Crack the eggs and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Finally, add the milk and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased and breaded form.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool before you make the topping!
Chocolate and hazelnut topping ingredients
- 150 gram chocolate
- 100 gram hazelnuts
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan on top of a water bath. (Pour some water in a saucepan, fit a bowl over the saucepan without touching the water. Heat the water to simmer, turn down the heat and add the chocolate to the top bowl. Stir gently until melted, make sure no water gets into the chocolate)
- Spread the chocolate on top of the cake.
- Spread hazelnuts on top. I knocked on them a bit with a rolling pin, but you can put on the whole as well.
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom