So many of my favorites at once, a crunchy meringue cake with chocolate cream and summery berries. Imagine that something with so few ingredients can taste so good! I baked a meringue wreath cake with chocolate cream and berries.
Meringue wreath cake with chocolate cream and berry, ingredients
- 2.5 dl granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 150 grams of light or dark baking chocolate
- 5 dl whipping cream
- 3 dl berries of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees.
- Mix eggs and sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat on low heat until it reaches 55 C degrees. You have to whisk all the time, because it burns very quickly.
- As soon as it reaches 55 degrees, remove the mixture and pour it into a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until the batter is firm.
- Then spread or sprinkle the meringue into a wreath on baking sheet.
- Put in the oven for about 3 hours.
- Let it cool while you do the other steps.
Chocolate cream instructions:
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath. (Boil a saucepan with a little water and then turn down the heat, place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan. Stir in the chocolate until it is melted! Make sure that the water does not boil when the chocolate is in the bowl, if it is too hot or if there is water in the bowl the Chocolate will not be that great)
- Whip the cream quite hard.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the cream and whisk.
- Fill a piping bag or spread the chocolate cream with a ladle.
- Decorate with berries of your choice.
Recipe and picture Malin Nordblom