So when you make dumplings you have the choice of buying the dumpling shells, or make it yourself. Here is a recipe for the shells;
INGREDIENTS makes about 24 shells
- 500 g flour (4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 295 ml warm water (1 1/4 cup of warm water
- Combine the flour in a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt. Then add the warm water and mix it well!
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and knead until it is all smooth.
- Divide into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough at a time into a thin log, and divide into 8 pieces. Repeat with the remaining dough portions.
- Lightly flour the dough pieces and roll out 1 piece into a thin circle roughly 4-inches (10 cm) in diameter.
- Keep the dumpling wrappers separated with a small piece of parchment paper and repeat until the dough is finished.
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom
If you wan’t to use the photos please e-mail me first at firstname.lastname@example.org