Everytime I’m in Dubai I drink so much Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade). Anyway, after nearly moving to Dubai plenty of times and several long visits. I’m hooked on this mint lemon drink. And I have been for like 25 years.. (OMG) And in Sweden my garden is full of myntha. (When it’s warm) So with the sun finally looking at us again, I’m gonna make some mint lemon drink today.
Ingredients Myntha lemon lemonade
- 3 dl washed mint leaves
- 1,5-2 dl caster sugar
- 6 dl water
- 2,5 dl freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add the rinsed mint leaves into a blender.
- Mix with the sugar, squeezed lemon juice and water.
- Taste to see if you need some more sugar, lemon or water.
- Strain into a jug and serve with ice!
- Tip, you can either strain it to get rid of the leafs, or just use a jug with a strainer in the lid.
If you are going to store the Limonana in the fridge and serve without ice, you can add a little more water.
And add some vodka if you wanna have a cocktail!
By Malin Nordblom