This cinnamon cake is baked with yoghurt, which makes it wonderfully porous and really juicy. The recipe is developed for a 3-liter form, but you can of course halve the recipe if you want. Keep in mind that it needs to be in the oven for a much shorter time then!
Juicy cinnamon cake ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 5 dl caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 100 grams of butter
- 2 dl Greek or Turkish yogurt
- zest from one scrubbed lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 dl wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 krm salt
- You also need butter and breadcrumbs to shape
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
- Grease and add breadcrumbs to the baking tin.
- Whisk eggs and sugar really fluffy, preferably in a food processor or with an electric whisk.
- Melt the butter and remove from the plate, mixing in the milk so that it becomes lukewarm. Mix with the egg mixture.
- Add flour, cinnamon powder, lemon zest, baking powder, vanilla sugar and flour. Mix well.
- Pour into the breaded form and place in the oven for about 45 minutes. Test with a test stick so that it is not sticky in the middle before you take out the cake.
- Take out the cake from the oven, and let it cool for a few minutes before you turn it upside down on a plate.