Or as they are also called, French meringues. This is a meringue recipe that you can mix with color paste if you want some colored meringues instead.
Remember that when you whip the meringues, the bowl must be completely clean of both fat and water!
I use metal or glass bowls when I whisk meringues.
You should have an electric whisk, it takes a very long time to whisk by hand!
Store the meringues in an airtight container, they last up to two weeks.
- 100 grams of egg white (no yellow, it contains fat!)
- 200 grams of caster sugar (approx. 2 dl)
- Heat up the oven to 100C.
- Start by whisking the egg whites for about 10 seconds.
- Then pour in a little granulated sugar inat a time while whisking.
- Whisk until you can hold the bowl upside down and the meringue remains. It takes a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the meringues on a baking tray with baking paper. (You can also use a tablespoon)
- Bake for about 60-75 minutes depending on size. Open the oven at regular intervals to get the steam out!
- The meringues are ready when they release from the paper.
Av ©Malin Nordblom