This is a really flavourful and creamy soup that works well as it is or as a side dish. You could make some extra and keep it in the fridge! Personally, I love this aromatic soup!
INGREDIENTS 4 persons
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite size florets.
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots, sliced
- 1,2 litre of Vegetable stock
- 2 dl Aito Oat Cuisine, or some other Oat Cuisine)
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 dl nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Pepper and salt
You can top it with Roasted pumpkin seeds, roasted cauliflower, oxalis leaves or something else that you like.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (425F) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the turmeric powder to a bowl. Toss it around and then tip it out over the baking sheet. Leave in the oven for about 30 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender and caramelised on the edges.
- Heat up the rest of the oil in a cooking pan, and fry the onion for some minutes. Then add the sliced carrot and garlic. Fry for another 3-4 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t get burnt! You can add some water if it starts getting burnt!
- Cook the vegetable broth for about 10 minutes and then add the roasted cauliflower and the Aito Cuisine.
- Add the carrots and onion, stir and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and add the Miso paste.
- Then carefully transfer the soup to the blender, I had to do it in 3 different batches. Make sure you don’t overfill as it then will overflow!
- Pour in the lemon juice, and the nutritional yeast.
- Add pepper, and salt if you like.
- Enjoy this beautiful soup!!
By Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: