This is so good, I recommend you to double the recipe! Or at least that is what I need to do.. My auntie always did this for Christmas Eve. If you wanna try it, here is the recipe for you.
- 0,5 gram (1 millilitre) saffron powder
- 3 egg yolks, save the egg whites in a container to use in some other recipe!
- 1/2 dl Sugar (0,2 cup)
- 1/2 d runny honey (0,2 cup)
- 3 dl heavy cream (1,2 cup)
- Whisk the cream in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients into another bowl, and whisk well for a minute.
- Add the cream into the saffron mix and mix it well.
- Pour it into a container with a lid, and put it into the freezer
- It only takes a few hours until it’s frozen. During the first 2-3 hours in the freezer, take out the container and mix it every now and then.
- Serve in bowls, if you want to great some chocolate on top of it!
By Malin Nordblom