Sichuan chicken skewers are perfect at the buffet, as a snack or as a main with some rice and vegetables.
- 500 gram boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2-3 garlic cloves depending on how much you like garlic
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed Sichuan pepper
- 1 tablespoon hon Mirin (if you use Shin Mirin that contains less sugar, then add more tablespoon sugar!)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Wooden skewers or metal.
- Cut the chicken into strips, about 4 cm or 1,5 inch
- Mix the Mirin, Dark Soy Sauce, crushed Sichuan pepper, sugar, Sriracha sauce and the crushed garlic.
- Add the chicken pieces into a glass bowl, pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for 1-2 hours in a covered container.
- If you are using wooden skewers, let them soak in water for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the barbecue or the oven to 200 C or 395 F.
- Skewer the chicken, and divide evenly between the skewers.
- If you will put them in the oven add them to a baking tray in the oven for 30 minutes. If not grease the grill and place the skewers on the hot grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once during cooking. Cook until cooked through!
- The marinade that is left, heat it up and brush the skewers after half an hour in the oven, and let them stay for another 5 minutes. If you grill the skewers, brush the skewers with the sauce when they are half done.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds!
- Make sure you check so that the chicken is cooked through!
- Serve hot!
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: