There is a little Asian touch to the honey and sesame dressing that goes well with the oatmeal, the cooked beets and the other fresh vegetables you have in the salad. You can choose which vegetables you want to use yourself, but the oat rice is a useful and climate-smart choice that goes really well in a salad. But just like rice, it does not taste so much, so using a good dressing on top is nice.
Honey and sesame dressing ingredients
- 0.5 dl olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 0,5 tsk black pepper
Shake all the ingredients in a jar with a tight lid, and then drizzle everything over the salad.
- 2 servings of oat rice
- 3 carrots, preferably different colors
- about 12 cocktail tomatoes, or two regular
- 1 Halloumi cheese
- 4 cooked beets, I used two yellow and two red
- Boil the beets for about 30 minutes.
- Boil the oat rice, it takes 13 minutes, when ready strain it and leave under a lid.
- Cleans, and slice your vegetables and place on a plate or in a bowl.
- Add a spoonful of hummus on the plate, if you want you can add some bread.
- Fry the halloumi.
- When the beets are ready, rinse under cold water and peel. Cut into slices and place on the plate.
- Add rice and halloumi and pour dressing over everything.
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: