Chocolate toffee is always a nice treat, not only during the holidays. Try this super easy Chocolate toffee recipe with just a few ingredients.
- 2 dl sugar
- 1 dl syrup, I use a Swedish ”sirap” it is similar to Lyle’s Golden syrup.
- 100 gr butter
- 5 teaspoons cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- Mix it all into a sauce pan, let it boil while stirring. And then let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Try it out by pouring a spoon of toffee into a glass of cold water. Then you see how hard it has become. It should be chewy and not like a rock.
- When done, pour it out over a lined baking tray.
- Slice it immediately, because it is way easier doing it immediately. I always use a pizza slicer.
Keep them in some baking paper pieces like above. That way they won’t stick together!
© Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos or content please e-mail me first at firstname.lastname@example.org