This is a version of butterscotch that can be made in the microwave!
Make sure you don’t double the you can do it more than once instead!
- 1 dl (0,4 cups) golden syrup (in sweden we use ljus sirap, it is like Lloyd’s golden syrup, or treacle)
- 1 dl (0,4 cups) heavy cream
- 1 dl (0,4 cups) sugar
- 1 spoon full of butter
- Add all ingredients except the butter into a glass bowl with high edges. Mix it!
- Put it into the microwave at a high temperature for three minutes. After three minutes you open and stir with a spoon, and then add three more minutes..
- Then stir it all again, and try out how hard the toffee is. You can pour some toffee with a spoon into a glass with cold water to see how much it hardens.
- Continue with one more minute in the microwave if needed, and then take out and try again in the water. It takes 7,5 minutes in my microwave.
- When done, add the butter and stir.
- Pour the mixture into little waxed paper cups.
- Let them cool down before you eat them!
- You can keep them in a box. And good luck not eating all of them immediately;)
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos please e-mail me first at email@example.com