For me baking soft gingerbread cake is Christmas. I love how it smells all over the house when I bake this cake, and I love licking up the leftovers after pouring up the batter. The recipe is super easy if you just have all the ingredients! Give it a go!!
- 7,5 dl plain flour (2,6 cup)
- 4,5 dl sugar (1,8 cup)
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons powdered cloves
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4,5 dl yoghurt or cream (non mixed, preferably 1-3 days old) (1,8 cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 175 C.
- Grease a cake pan with butter and add some breadcrumbs all over.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except the yoghurt. (Or cream)
- When it’s all mixed add the yoghurt or cream and mix it all again.
- Pour it all into the cake pan.
- Bake a cake for around 30 to 45 minutes. Use a baking stick in the middle of the cake to see if the cake is done.
If you want to add some royal icing on top of the cake, here is the recipe for that:
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos please e-mail me first at email@example.com