So if you don’t have any lime fruit from Florida, us some other lime fruits. I was pretty pleased with the result when I baked this. What do you think?
- 250 grams of Digestive biscuits
- 3 tbls granulated sugar
- 150 gram melted butter
For the Key Lime pie filling:
- 400 grams sweet condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 dl Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbls zest from cleaned limes
- Zest from the cleaned limes
- 3 dl whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Do like this
- Preheat the oven to 175 C (350 F)
- Crush the Digestive biscuits in a mixer, and then add the melted butter and granulated sugar. Mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into to a 22 cm pie plate (9-9,5 inch)
- Press it to an even layer in the bottom and bit higher up on the edges.
- Bake the pie crust at 175C (350 F) for 8-10 minutes. Set it aside while you make the filling.
- Mix the condensed milk and sour cream with the egg yolks. And then add the lime juice and the zest.
- Fill the pie crust with the mixture.
- Bake at 150 C (300 F) for about 20 minutes. It’s done when you stick a knife in the middle and it comes out clean from the mixture.
- Leave to cool for awhile and then put it into your fridge for some hours.
- Whisk the cream pretty hard, add the vanilla sugar and powdered sugar, mix it all. Decorate the cake as you like. I put some cream all over the cake and then used a piping bag for the edges.
- Decorate with some lime zest on top.
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: