Wonderful flavors in these chocolate cupcakes made with brown sugar and an absolutely wonderful chocolate frosting. If you do not want to eat them all right away, keep your chocolate cupcakes in the fridge. A good tip for spreading joy is to share it with the neighbors, they are always happy about something freshly baked! If you want, you can halve the amount of frosting and it will be a little more ”healthy”.
150 grams of butter
2 dl brown sugar
2 medium-sized eggs
1/2 dl milk of any kind
3.5 dl wheat flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoons vanilla sugar
About 12 cupcakes, depending on the size of the muffin tins.
- Set the oven to 200 degrees and set up the muffin tins.
- Mix brown sugar and butter with an electric whisk, making sure it is properly mixed!
- Pour in eggs and milk, whisk again.
- Then you pour flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar into the bowl and mix everything really well!
- Fill the muffin tins to 2/3 part.
- Put in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes. Try with a test strip or a sharp knife that they are baked through in the middle.
- Let them cool before decorating with frosting.
Chocolate frosting ingredients
250 grams of plain cream cheese
50 grams of butter, soft
5 dl icing sugar
80 grams of chocolate, I used Valrhona’s 36% Caramelia which tastes a little bit of caramel but you can use whatever you want
Grated chocolate to the top (if you want)
How to make chocolate frosting
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Mix butter and icing sugar with an electric whisk on low speed.
- Add the cream cheese, and whisk until fluffy. It takes a minute.
- When the chocolate has melted, let it stand for a few minutes to cool down a bit. Then quickly whisk it down together with the other ingredients.
- Decorate your cupcakes with the frosting, and grate some chocolate on top if you wan.’t.
- Store your cupcakes in the fridge.
Instagram @fabfoodieswede L